Workshops and Playshops
Kashmir can provide a range of workshops,
or playshops, for your group.
If you have a group that would like a belly dance workshop, Kashmir is able to provide tuition at a range of levels.
Beginner workshops are best kept to about an hour of active dancing.
More experienced dancers should be looking at something starting at 90-minutes.
- Kashmir is able to provide a range workshops including basic technique and some folk styles.
- Kashmir also is able to provide hands on information on Safe Dance Practice.
- In addition, Kashmir has a lecture available on the Roots and Branches of Raqs - with video clips, photographs and handouts.
This is ideally 2-3 hours but can be compressed to 1 hour by pruning the video and non-dance specific content.
Cost:$100/contact hour plus travel time and expenses (Kashmir is based in Christchurch, New Zealand)
Here is some background on Kashmir's training.
Playshops:These are ideal for Hens' Parties.
The emphasis is on having a giggle.
The standard package includes:
- Kashmir in a costume (rather than tights and leotard for workshops)
- some dress ups for participants
- warm-up and basic belly dance technique
- a short choreography
- a short performance
Cost:Full one-hour package (unlimited participants) $200 within Christchurch.
Travel time and expenses extra for parties out of Christchurch, New Zealand.
Minimum Expectations:It is normally expected that:
- Safe, close parking is available
- else extra will need to be charged for transport
- A stereo system which plays (burnt) CDs is available and can be heard by all guests
- else extra will be charged for stereo hire and a sound operator
- Space is available to dance
- a smaller space will mean a different repertoire and possibly limitations on props.
- A level, stable, glass-free floor is present.
- Playshop starts at the time booked
- changes in time may impact other gigs so late starting may mean early finish - or extra may be charged
Beginner Classes:Also see the page on beginner classes.
Performance:Also see the Hire a Dancer page.
Contact KashmirIf you would like to take this further, please contact Kashmir.
|Return to www.bellyraqs.co.nz||Site Index||About Kashmir's Classes|
©Copyright Belly Raqs® 2009 Created by JEWEL
This page was last modified: